What to Donate
Furniture: in good condition, suitably sized for smaller accommodations
Household Items: in good condition
Please note that we accept only furniture and household goods that are in good condition. If your furniture, dishes or linens are torn, cracked, stained or threadbare, we will not be able to use them.
List of items needed
Our Facebook site posts updates on urgently needed items. The items we aim to keep stocked in our storage and gratefully accept as donations are as follows.
- Bed linen & sheet sets; blankets and comforters; twin, double & queen (label with sizes)
- Pillows, pillowslips & protective pillowslips
- Towel sets -Bath towel, hand towel & face cloths. (Helpful if wrapped & labeled in sets.)
- Packages of new face cloths
- Dish towels & cloths
- Shower curtains & hooks
- Dishes & Cutlery - sets of 4 preferred
- Drinking/juice glasses
- Kitchen cooking utensils
- Pots with lids and pans – small, medium & large; casserole dishes - small and medium
- Teapots, Electric kettles, electric fry pans, toasters & electric coffee makers, microwaves
- Radios, clocks & clock-radios
- Vacuum cleaners, brooms & dustpans, mops & pails
- Couches, sofas and love seats (84” maximum)
- Chairs, recliners and rockers
- Coffee tables, end tables and bedside tables
- Kitchen and dinette tables and chairs (tables no larger than 48” in diameter or 48” long)
- Bookcases and desks (small)
- Mattresses, box springs, and metal bed frames – twin, double and queen size
- Dressers & chests (no wider than 42”)
- TVs, TV stands, and DVD players (flat screen TVs only; up to 42”)
- Floor lamps & table lamps
* Because we have limited space in our storage, from time to time we are temporarily not able to take larger items. We will accept items as space becomes available.
How to Donate
Please note that we are able to accept furniture donations only from North and West Vancouver locations.
If you have furniture to donate, please call 778-331-8465. Leave a message and a volunteer will return your call.
We will arrange for an assessor to visit and select those items suitable for our clients. If the assessor is unable to take the selected items at that time, we will arrange for you to deliver them to our storage facility or arrange for them to be picked up at a later time. We are always appreciative if you are able to deliver the selected items yourself to our storage facility. If we need to arrange pickup, we will request a donation of $30 to defray the cost.
We are completely volunteer run, and rely on donations to cover our expenses.
Household items can be donated directly, by leaving them in the Shelter to Home donation bin, located adjacent to the south parking lot (accessed off Edgemont Blvd.) at Highlands United Church, 3255 Edgemont Blvd., North Vancouver.